“A thoughtfully planned and executed onboarding program helps ease the transition to the workplace… It’s well worth the investment of time and resources to get the new employee to be a fully engaged member of the team as soon as possible.” – Penny O’Reilly, General Manager, Kelly Services Australia
Immersing new hires quickly into the culture of an organization requires several processes. One of those is ensuring that they know the policies and procedures that all employees are expected to follow. Often this is done by handing the new hire the employee handbook and assuming they have read and understood it.
MyCourseRoom has a better solution. We have developed an online onboarding course that can be used as a template to customize with your own policies and procedures. For Premium members this becomes your proprietary onboarding course that can be a permanent part of your Premium catalog. When updates are needed, you can easily make them using our online Course Editor.
The onboarding course has all of the interactive elements and assessments that make MyCourseRoom courses so much more effective than other online courses by helping ensure the understanding and retention of the material. Join other small businesses that are MyCourseRoom Premium members and are providing private training through their private catalog to their private learners.
To get started:
- Go to www.MyCourseRoom.com.
- Click on Premium Services and select the best plan for your needs.
Now that we are approaching the end of 2013, some of you may be looking for a way to complete your annual professional development hours, get a head start on 2014, or prepare for a career change. MyCourseRoom has the courses to help meet those goals.
Empowered Training Centre, LLC (dba MyCourseRoom) is a credentialed provider of:
- CEU: All courses are designed using IACET methodologies and standards and have been validated by institutions of higher learning in the USA.
- CPE: All courses are approved for CPE through the Texas Department of Education. The provider number (CPE #501007) appears at the bottom of all course certificates.
- PDU: We are a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. #3669) through the Project Management Institute (PMI). The R.E.P. number appears at the bottom of course certificates. The courses that qualify for PDU are noted with (PDU) next to the course title.
- CPHQ: We are credentialed providers of Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) through the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) for our HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security courses required by everyone working in the healthcare industry and those industries working with health records, such as insurance, etc. These are updated with the HHS 2013 Final Rule.
MyCourseRoom is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform which is defined as a free Web-based distance learning program that is designed for the participation of large numbers of geographically dispersed students. Go to http://www.mycourseroom.com today, register, and begin taking courses in just a few minutes.
Join our community of learners at http://www.MyCourseRoom.com and experience free, high-quality, credentialed professional development.
Every organization has its own set of skills used to measure competence in each position. Usually these skills are stated in job descriptions when wanting to fill a position. How helpful would it be to have an unbiased evaluation tool to use during the selection process, one that you have personally developed based on specific skills you value in your workplace?
MyCourseRoom will soon provide our Premium members with the ability to create your own competency assessments, available online through your private catalog. Using our Assessment Editor, you will be able to add competencies, skills associated with each competency, and questions associated with each skill (randomly presented). You will assign each competency and skill a weighted value and mastery percentage.
If you have not yet signed up as a Premium Member:
- Go to www.mycourseroom.com.
- Click on Premium Services.
- Select the plan that fits your needs.
Join other businesses that are taking advantage of this low-cost solution to consistent and sustained employee training.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
“Making good decisions is a crucial skill at every level.” – Peter Drucker
Every business has its own method of operation and required skill set for each job description. However, imparting that knowledge in a sustained, consistent manner is often very difficult. Simply giving a new employee an operations handbook doesn’t ensure their understanding.
In several of our recent emails, we have mentioned one of the benefits of MyCourseRoom’s premium membership is being able to deploy your own courses using MyCourseRoom’s Course Editor, a proprietary online application that doesn’t require downloading external software or knowing HTML.
Your courses will be deployed through MyCourseRoom’s Learner Management System (LMS) and be available on-demand 24/7 from any computer with Internet access. You will have total control over your own privately branded catalog of courses with the ability to activate, edit, and deactivate the courses as needed.
Make a good decision and begin now to create and deploy private content through your private catalog to your private set of learners.
Follow these steps toward empowering yourselves and your employees:
- Go to http://www.mycourseroom.com and click on the Premium Services tab.
- Sign up for the Basic Plan for $150 per year or customize this plan with the Basic Upgrade to add additional locations, learners, and course hours that best suit your needs.
- Set up your location/s, add your learners, and select the courses for your private catalog from the MyCourseRoom Inventory (this can be done within 30 minutes).
- Assign yourself or others as Subject Matter Experts (SME) and begin developing your private courses.
If you have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
In today’s economy, how long does $150 last? MyCourseRoom offers small businesses and organizations a service that lasts all year! Consider the value of being able to provide continuous, consistent, personalized training to your staff for one low annual fee of $150.
MyCourseRoom’s premium services are designed primarily for small businesses that want to provide targeted training for their specific business in the most efficient method. What happens when a new employee is hired or current employees need re-training or training in new processes? As a small business owner, do you have to interrupt your schedule or that of one of your employees, hire someone from the outside, or send your employees offsite for training? All of these options can be a major drain on business finances.
MyCourseRoom currently has businesses in several different industries who have registered their business, added their locations and learners, and set up their privately branded catalog adding both courses from the free MyCourseRoom Inventory and their own proprietary, business-specific courses. Join them today.
We have two plans:
- Basic ($150/year): Allows you 25 course hours for each of 10 named employees from 1 location
- Basic Upgrade: Allows you to customize the Basic plan to your needs by adding locations, named learners, and/or number of course hours in your private catalog
Learn about the additional benefits of MyCourseRoom’s premium services at http://www.MyCourseRoom.com. Click on the Premium Services tab at the top of the home page.
As a business owner, one of your most difficult tasks is hiring qualified, knowledgeable workers. How would being able to pre-screen through comprehensive competency assessments help in the hiring process? Currently, MyCourseRoom offers three industry-driven competency assessments to provide an objective gap analysis against specific skills.
MyCourseRoom’s competency assessments are online, can be completed in approximately 1 hour, and provide results in an easy to understand format with recommended training to assist in the mastery of the identified competency gaps. These assessments are:
- Child Care Competency Assessment: Learners answer 37 skill-based, multiple choice questions from 9 critical core competencies as defined by child care minimum standards.
- Healthcare Competency Assessment: Learners answer 40 skill-based, multiple choice questions from 12 critical core competencies specific to HIPAA Privacy and Security.
- Project Management Competency Assessment: Learners answer 49 skill-based, multiple choice questions from 10 critical core competencies as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
For an annual subscription fee of $150 for our Basic Plan, all of these are available to businesses at www.mycourseroom.com. Click on our Premium Services tab and follow the registration process.
Help ensure your success by putting together the most qualified team.
“One of the best ways to get better at a particular skill or task is to hear what we are doing right and wrong from an outside, more experienced or more knowledgeable perspective.” – Giving and Receiving Constructive Feedback, http://www.MyCourseRoom.com
Feedback is a valuable communication tool that we all use and experience in both our professional and personal lives. However, learning the techniques for both giving and receiving constructive feedback is crucial. By developing constructive feedback skills, we:
- minimize miscommunication,
- increase trust and respect between you and those around you,
- ensure that you can contribute to another person’s development, and
- leverage the knowledge and expertise of others to continue to improve yourself.
Giving and Receiving Constructive Feedback, a 5 clock-hour course offered free at http://www.MyCourseRoom.com, helps identify and develop key skills to identify differences in personality style including your own, to provide non-judgmental feedback, to overcome your own resistance to feedback, and to receive and actively solicit feedback.
Giving constructive feedback is an art, and it takes practice to perfect it. Join other learners online at MyCourseRoom.com and share your experiences and develop the skills necessary for effective communication.